Walking Up Town
Irish Traditional Music & Song
€16.60 including postage in Ireland
€18.25 including postage Worldwide
Buy now for delivery in IRELAND
Paypal outside Ireland:
Buy now for delivery WORLDWIDE
Buy this CD together with 'There's Always Room in Our House'; for Special Offer price of €27.50 including delivery anywhere.
OaC Ref. No.:
This item is in stock and is normally dispatched within 24 hours of order.
NOTE: if you do not wish to use Paypal you may purchase this CD set by sending a EURO cheque to OaC, Spanish Point Rd., Miltown Malbay, Co. Clare, Ireland. Your CD set will be dispatched as soon as the funds have been cleared through our Bank account.
List of Tracks:
- Jigs. The Three Little Drummers & Have a Drink with Me.(3.35)
- Reels. The Old Pidgeon on the Gate, Imelda Rowlands & The Boy in the Gap. (3.58)
- Song. The RosevilleFair. (Bill Staines) (4.12)
- Breakdown. Walking up Town. (2.50)
- Reels. Knocknagow, The Templehouse, Kiss the Maid Behind the Barrel, (4.02)
- Song. All for Me Grog. ((3.05)
- Polka. Fitzmaurice's Polka. (3.12)
- Reels. Dinny O'Briens & The Comer House. (3.34)
- Song. Angel's Whisper. (2.54)
- Barndances. Around the Fairy Fort, The New Broom. (Vincent Broderick) (4.16)
- Reels. The Hovering Kestrel & The Hunted Pheasant (Marcus Hernon) (3.53)
- Jigs. The Haunted House, An Rogaire Dubh, The Humours of Ennistymon. (3.40)
- Reels. Anderson's, Tom Ward's Downfall & The Mountain Road. (3.45)
- Waltzes. The Linnet's Chorus, The Beautiful Goldfinch. (Marcus Hemon) (4.59)
- Reels. The Bucks of Oranmore, Rakish Paddy & Come West Along the Road (3.47)
- Song. The Jail of Cluain Meala
Extract from Sleeve Notes:
When the great Michael Coleman reel "The Shaskeen" was adopted as the name for this band in 1970, I was working in London and becoming immersed in the cultural vibrancy that the Irish Community were bringing to "The Big Smoke". Little did we know that 38 years later 1 would be introducing our 15th album "Walking up Town". Over the years it has been a privilege to play and perform with many outstanding musicians and singers, too numerous to mention here, each in turn bringing their talents and gifts and helping to create and maintain the unique Shaskeen sound. On behalf of Shaskeen I would like to thank P J Curtis for his major contribution to the creation of this album, as he applied his unique insight and musical wisdom, born out of nearly four decades of music production. We would like to thank our many loyal fans both dancers and listeners who in their turn have been part of the Shaskeen story over the years.