HISTORY OF KILMURRY IBRICKANE. By P Ryan PP
This book was published by Fr Peter Ryan (subsequently Canon) while he was Parish Priest of Kilrush.
It appears from the Foreword by Dr. Harty that the first edition was published in 1969. There were two subsequent editions, the second of which was by the Old Kilfarboy Society in 2002 and is now out of print.
Fr. Ryan gives some autobiographical information on page 44 of the text.
OaC are grateful to Father Pat Ryan, Ennis, for permission to reproduce the book in our online archive.
The text has been reproduced here as closely as possible to the original, with only obvious typographical errors being corrected.
On page 71 , under the heading ‘Griffith Valuation’ there is a reference to “Following “ lists. These lists were not actually published.
The book was scanned by Jim Carroll and proof-read and arranged for the internet by Donal De Barra.
OaC do not necessarily endorse or accept any opinions or facts quoted in the book.
Donal De Barra 2006
In order to read the articles listed below it is necessary to be a member
Introduction to Web Edition
Kilmurry Ibrickane Parish [Introduction]
Contour of Parish Mainland
Glimpses of Social Parish Life
Kilmurry Ibrickane Parish [formation]
The Parish Boundaries
Cill Muire in Pre-reformation Times
The Wreck of The Leon XIII [Parish Priests]
Priests Natives of Kilmurry Ibrickane Parish
List of Forty Shilling Freeholders 1821
Guy's Directory 
[First Schools under the Board of Education]
[The Great Famine]
Fr Moloney on Absentee landlords
Andreas Mac Cruitin