In order to access the actual indexes and listings it is necessary to be a member of OaC
Freagh graveyard, as it is now commonly known, is situated in the townland of Freagh Castle, very close to the border of the adjacent townland of Drummin. It is shown on the Ordnance Survey map of 1918 (Sheet no.22) as “Drumminaphonta Graveyard”.
Although there are no obvious church ruins in the graveyard, there is a suggestion in local folklore that a field to the immediate east of the graveyard was called “the Church Field”
The entrance roadway to the graveyard was improved a few years ago under a FÁS scheme.
The copyright in this listing, introduction and index belongs to Tom Munnelly.
The list was prepared for the internet by Donal De Barra, who also took the photographs.
Donal De Barra